We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services. This is why we are coming together to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. If you have what it takes to help build this new Digibank with us.
Get to know the Role:
As such, we are seeking talented & passionate Lead Engineers to join our team. You will have opportunities to work on multiple backend service clusters as well as participating in machine learning pipelines. It is very important that our team member take initiatives to identify problems, and have the right mindset and skill sets to solve them.
The Day-to-Day activities:
- Design and write with the cutting edge GO language to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Digibank’s range of services
- Work with engineering team to explore and create new design / architectures geared towards scale and performance
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Collaborate with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Work closely with infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
- Design, build, analyze and fix large-scale systems
- Learn full stack performance tuning and optimization
- Debug and modify complex, production software
- A Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields with strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- 5+ experience in software engineering in a distributed systems environment
- Track record of designing, developing and implementing large scale highly available online services.
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
- You can be a good coder in any language (C++, C, Java, Scala, Rust, Haskell, OCaml, Erlang, Python, Ruby, PHP, Node.JS, C# etc.), but willing to work on Golang
Our core services tech stack consists of Golang with Redis, MySQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch data stores as well as HAProxy load balancers. They all run on the AWS cloud infrastructure with auto-scaling abilities.
We use GitHub for our code repository and we adhere to the basic Continuous Delivery tenets utilising a host of tools to support our release pipeline and code quality. These include Travis CI, New Relic, PullReview, Code Climate, Papertrail, Gemnasium, JFrog and Jenkins.