Get to know the Role:
- Evaluate new and emerging database related products and technologies and vendors in the OLTP and OLAP space which include but are not limited to SQL, NoSQL, TS, columnar DBs and other technologies.
- Ensure database practices are compliant over and above Industry Standards including PCI DSS version 3.2.
- Work with development teams and analytic teams on database modelling and design from the moment a feature addition is planned. Participate in code reviews that include DB changes.
- Develop, review and improve processes for stable deployments of Application Code with Release Engineering and of database server software
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures that improve stability and prevent data loss.
- Setup process of DB monitoring, alerting, trending and graphing methods and regularly evaluate and improve it.
- Help backend engineering teams learn and develop further on their database engineering.
- Develop and deliver, documentation and training materials. Perform training about database design modelling as well as operational best practices across the company.
The day-to-day activities:
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase database operation automation.
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- 3+ years experience as a DBA working with either Postgres or MySQL in Linux environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to learn and work on multiple databases
- Strong working knowledge of RDBMS high availability solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of RDBMS performance tuning.
- Experience working on large products for end users.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues related to databases and influence decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative, enthusiastic about work, determined and thorough.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
Get to know Grab:
We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services. This is why we are coming together to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. If you have what it takes to help build this new Digibank with us.