As a Principal Engineer across our experimentation platform teams, you would be responsible for designing, implementing, rolling out, and evangelizing the next generation of experimentation and event management platforms at Grab.
Get To Know Our Team
This is a completely hands-on role to own & build the next gen experimentation platform (Grab-X) at Grab. Grab-X guides product development through hundreds of controlled experiments and empowers Grab to take data driven decisions by crunching billions of events and resolving hundreds of billions of variables with latency in milliseconds per day. Check out some of our blogs to know more -
- Building Grab’s Experimentation Platform
- Reliable and Scalable Feature Toggles and A/B Testing SDK at Grab
- Orchestrating Chaos using Grab's Experimentation Platform
- Querying Big Data in Real-Time with Presto & Grab's TalariaDB
- How we simplified our Data Ingestion & Transformation Process
- A Lean and Scalable Data Pipeline To Capture Large Scale Events and Support Experimentation Platform
We are seeking passionate principal engineers who have experience in building large scale multi-tenanted distributed SAAS platforms (including data processing & streaming).
As part of this role you will have the opportunity to work on the complete stack using technologies like Golang, Kafka, MySql,Redis,NoSQL datastores, Spark, Kubernetes in cloud.
We strive to build the next gen platform that enables all our consumers to be able to take data backed decisions without any manual intervention. We are looking at extending our capabilities to be multi-tenant, multi-cloud, auto-adaptive and be able to support multiple concurrent experiments in the near future.
The day-to-day Activities
- Design and implement using cutting edge Go language and constantly improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of the platform.
- Collaborate with product analysts, managers and data science teams to define and prototype and build complex product features on our platform
- Manage uptime and availability of components/services to our internal users by implementing High Availability tools and best practices
- Architecting and scaling data analytics infrastructure on AWS; finding opportunities to improve and optimize the workloads, processes to ensure that performance levels can support continuous accurate, reliable and timely delivery of key metrics
- Work with infrastructure teams in building and scaling reliable back-end services, as well as performing root cause analysis investigations and postmortems
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, costing, tuning and optimization
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Lead architecture reviews, code reviews, design reviews, postmortems, and raise the bar for engineering best practices across teams and tech families.
- Mentor and be a role model for junior engineers.
- Participate in interview loops to help Grab continue hiring top industry talent.
The Must Haves
- 10-12 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and deploying large scale distributed architectures to production.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, deploying, optimizing, and maintaining critical backend services with tight SLAs, at scale.
- Proficient in at least one programming language for backend services, preferably Go or Java.
- Knowledge and expertise in distributed systems design and internals.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid grasp on cloud (AWS/Azure) technologies
- Experience in working with Golang, Kafka, MySql,Redis,NoSQL datastores (or similar) is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of system performance optimization and scaling
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability