In this role you will be a key thought partner to our counterparts in Business, Product, Engineering, Design and Data Science functions, pushing boundaries in how we position quantitative thinking and data in how we make decisions.
In terms of career pathways, this role can either be positioned as an Individual Contributor (IC) or a People Manager, depending on the candidate’s career aspirations and experience. As a people manager, you will be expected to have hands-on involvement on analytics projects while playing an active role in strategy planning, talent development, coaching, team engagement and resource planning activities for the team you lead.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Lead complex analytics projects or workstreams covering multiple domain areas within Deliveries.
- Problem-solve with the right balance of rigour, technical complexity and explainability, keeping in mind practical constraints of our real-world business and operations.
- Define and align with stakeholders on key metrics, design and propose experimentation strategies.
- Launch A/B tests, analyse experiment results and provide recommendations.
- Identify frequently occurring hypotheses and problem statements that can be generalised into common patterns. Develop scalable analytical frameworks and solutions to allow for solving repetitive problems in a more efficient manner.
- Role-model high standards of rigour in how we do measurements, experimentation, analyses and recommendations. Safeguard the integrity of how data is used and understood to ensure we maintain objectivity in our reasoning, actions and decision making.
- Mentor junior team members, supporting their professional development in both hard and soft skills.
- 5+ years of experience working in data-related and/or quantitative fields, including but not limited to Analytics and Applied Data Science.
- Relevant industry experience (preferably in an Internet or ‘Direct to Consumer’ company with high velocity data and scaled controlled experiments) and/or prior experience with Product Management or business-facing operations will be a plus.
- Strong statistical knowledge with hands on experience running and analysing controlled experiments.
- Fluent with SQL, Python, R or other scripting/programming languages to problem-solve. Experienced with working with very large datasets.
- Strong data visualization and storytelling skills. Experience in creating dashboards using Tableau and other visualisation tools. Knowledge of Azure toolstack (Databricks, PowerBI, Azure Data Explorer) will be a plus.
- Effective communicator, able to code-switch between technical and layman speak. Drive alignment, navigate ambiguity and negotiate tactfully.
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to partner or lead decision making while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Self-starter, principled and driven to do the right thing for an organisation. Able to operate very independently with a high degree of ambiguity; a person who enjoys and learns from experimentation.
- For a people management role, experience in leading small to medium sized teams will be required.
- A culture role model of our 4Hs: Honour, Humility, Hunger and Heart.
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.