This position is within the Grab for Business Enterprise team; we're rapidly growing our team! Join us to revamp a web + mobile integrated solution used by enterprise customers and employees to access Grab offerings such as ride hailing, food deliveries, gift cards and more.
You will be part of a new, exciting journey; experience the full lifecycle of (re-)building a successful product from the ground up. You will also get to work with diverse teams across various regions, on the latest technology stacks, at massive scale with millions of end users.
Get to know the Role:
We are seeking talented & passionate Engineering Managers to join our team!
Build and lead a highly productive team of software engineers. Deep, hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly.
Specifically, in this role, you'll have the opportunity to build out a rich B2B solution serving as a one-stop platform for all our corporate clients. It spans features such as subscriptions, administration, product integrations, external integrations, payment, billing, invoicing and employee onboarding.
The day-to-day activities:
- You will lead a team of talented engineers to build the B2B products and services, as well as necessary frameworks, libraries and primitives to scale & connect our offerings together.
- Collaborate with the product, business, design and engineering functions to be on top of your team’s deliverables & milestones.
- Within your engineering team, drive the following:
- Timely delivery of highly reliable and scalable engineering architecture, and high quality, maintainable and operationally excellent code.
- Apply Agile methodology; Run sprints and drive successful Sprint execution
- Support breakdown of user stories to engineering tasks with good estimation.
- Track & monitor team & individual performance, building continuous improvement into the process
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in a global team model.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Be part of on-call for the services we own, and participate in post-mortems for any incidents
- Recruit, interview and close top talents.
- Mentor and coach engineers in the team.
The must haves:
- 8+ years of software development experience with demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful engineering systems or products efficiently and with high quality.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience (supporting teams of 5 or more software engineers)
- Experience with web applications or Cloud SaaS solution development; mobile application development experience is a plus.
- Technical skillset:
- Familiarity with the entire web application stack, specifically backend and database, frontend experience would be a bonus.
- Experience with backend in Golang (preferred) or Java, C++/C, C# or similar
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and multithreading
- Knowledge of web application frameworks, relational and NoSQL data stores
- Knowledge of microservices, build and deployment concepts
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking
- Proven team manager with a servant leader mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done collaboratively.
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior managers.
- Experienced in how to manage, support and grow a team of talented software engineers.