The Cosmos team at Grab is a part of the Automation and Platform Excellence (APEX) family and works across all backend, web, and mobile teams at Grab, delivering a top-notch cloud infrastructure cost ecosystem that is used by all engineering teams at Grab. We are a diverse team of software engineers that utilize industry-leading technologies like GoLang, AWS, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
We are a highly cross-functional team that brings financial accountability to the variable spend model of the cloud, enabling distributed teams to make business trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality. We assist with the various aspects of cloud cost optimization - including inform, optimize and operate. They report to the executive team, work with the finance/procurement team, business product owners, and engineering and operations team to inform them of their cloud spend, notify if there is any cost anomaly, and manage the cloud discount contracts.
Get to know the Role:
This role requires a mix of hands-on technical expertise and people management skills. We are seeking a passionate software engineering manager who has experience working with software systems with a plus if you have domain knowledge on designing / developing / managing core cloud infrastructure finance software systems. You will have the opportunity to work on core engineering platform services, and the ability to directly impact the cloud cost of the teams.
- 8+ years of software development experience, preferably in delivering engineering products & services
- 2+ years of engineering management experience (preferably leading teams of 5 or more software engineers)
- Demonstrated an ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or mobile applications efficiently and with quality
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
- Ability to clearly communicate high-level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior leadership.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and build a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage, lead and grow a team of talented software engineers.
The day-to-day activities:
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to be on top of your team’s deliverables.
- Participate in technical and product review meetings.
- Timely delivery of high quality, maintainable, and operationally excellent code.
- Timely closure of all the assigned code review and design reviews.
- Management and enablement of other software engineers