You will be part of the Group Data Management & Governance Office, specifically in the area of Data Quality Management.
You will conduct data quality analyses and investigations for data anomalies, and identify areas for data quality improvement. You will have to work with various parties including IT to improve the quality and integrity of data flowing from system to system throughout its lifecycle.
- Work with data stakeholders to define and implement data quality standards and guidelines;
- Publish and maintain data quality artefacts (guidelines, standards, dashboards, etc.) online to raise user awareness and facilitate self-service;
- Conduct data quality and trend analysis to ensure continuous improvements and provide updates to the management accordingly;
- Monitor data quality issues and track remediation activities to ensure timely and effective closure;
- Provide data quality advisory to the various stakeholders and data stewards/owners;
- Perform data profiling, investigation and root cause analysis on data quality issues;
- Provide recommendation on corrective actions and develop remediation strategies to improve and adhere to data quality standards and best practices;
- Manage documentation relating to the data quality architecture and reporting process (e.g. SOP) to ensure its currency;
- Execute education and communication strategy to raise the awareness of data quality obligations across the Group;
- Support country and subsidiaries to ensure alignment of data quality controls and standards;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree from recognized tertiary institution with at least 8 years of working experience where at least 2 years of hands-on experience in data governance, data quality or data analytics in insurance or financial services industry;
- Detail oriented and analytical, with good problem solving, project management and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of the principles and key controls of various data management disciplines, e.g. master/reference data management, data quality management;
- Good team spirit and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written, oral communication and negotiation skills;
- Good logical thinking and extensive experience analyzing and working with data;
- Working experience with data quality tools (e.g. Information Data Quality) and BI tool (e.g. Tableau);
- Good knowledge and experience in SQL query languages;
- Keen interest in business process modelling and re-engineering, preferably with Six Sigma certification;
- Able to understand architecture diagrams and up-to-date on technology landscape (e.g. Hadoop, data warehouse, AI and ML);
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.