You will be involved in Digital Projects as an Enterprise Solution Engineer throughout the entire project life-cycle from conceptualization to implementation, enhancements and maintenance. As an Enterprise Solution Engineer, you will need to communicate with various stakeholders (External Partners, Business and IT), both locally and regionally, to coordinate and execute technical requests / implementations to ensure timely project / enhancements delivery.
- Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Enterprise Solutions Engineer is the primary technical resource for the project(s) assigned.
- The Enterprise Solutions Engineer is responsible for technical solutioning for the project(s) assigned. He/She is expected to partner with key roles (e.g. project managers, business users, vendors etc.) to craft solutions that are aligned to enterprise architecture framework governance, leverage existing platforms and services to meet project timelines and financial targets. Problem solver with ability to see things in multiple angles, and constantly push boundaries to improve status quo.
- Required to interact with specialist teams like security, compliance and facilitate workshops/meetings to resolve issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the web / mobile application space and constantly keep up with knowledge of new concepts, emerging technology, and architecture. Ability to communicate technical jargon and ensure adherence to exacting architectural criterion is vital to your success in this pivotal role.
- Analyse business needs / requirements, so as to design web / mobile solution based on Enterprise Architectures.
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Infrastructure teams, vendors and other solution teams to deliver project deliverables and software application releases.
- Prepare and present implementation model or new technology implementation model to the Enterprise Architecture review board.
- The Enterprise Solution Engineer will also support the project(s) deliveries on the technical and operational aspects including non-functional components such as Interface Design, data migration, Infrastructure design/setup (together with Infrastructure team), etc. Some examples on the tasks at hand:
- Work with infrastructure team to provision resources in SIT, UAT and production environment. Also work with internal solutions team for any integration with backend systems.
- Manage inter-system dependencies among the multiple releases and highlight to Project Manager on the potential risk and issue.
- Monitor and control quality of vendor deliverables to ensure best practices and enterprise standards are adhered.
- Coordinate with vendor/testers during SIT and UAT to ensure defects are managed.
- Identify process improvement for adoption to optimize delivery processes.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
In order to perform the role effectively, the candidate should have the below knowledge/experiences:
- Hands-on experience developing solutions using one or more web / mobile application framework and / or tools E.g. Cordova, Adobe AEM, Chorme DevTools, KAFKA, Bootstrap (or similar), AngularJS, Weblogic / Websphere (or similar web application server), CDN solutions, etc
- Firm understanding of web / mobile security E.g. web vulnerability, native apps security, authentication mechanism, session management, application-level encryption, PKI, application signing, cross-site scripting, OWASP, etc
- Familiar with enterprise architecture concepts like SOA, API integration, micro-services architecture, micro-FE / micro-app, service-centric design.
- Hands-on development experience using REST, SOAP, web services and/or other web protocols for application integration.
- Hands-on development experience for batch monitoring and execution frameworks and/or encryption software.
- Worked on projects with both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Worked in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment with strong appreciation of change/version control process and methodologies.
- Worked with Automation tools (E.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, Marvin, Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of technical experience in turnkey IT development projects and/or IT operations system support roles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in enterprise technical solutioning role involving web / mobile technologies.
- Experience with iOS mobile apps management/ development, Apple HIG, ApplePay and other related services in the apple ecosystem is required.
- Working knowledge of application design frameworks, UML or equivalent design artifacts is required.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies/platforms in Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Social with a strong self-initiative to keep up with Digital trends.
- Strong presenter being able to articulate technical solutions and technology differentiators to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong technical and business acumen with vendor management skills.
- Individual contributor and Independent team member being able to adapt in a fast-changing environment with evolving information.
- Certification in TOGAF or other formal architecture frameworks is desired.
- Application performance monitoring and tuning experience is desired.
- Working experience in a financial services industry and/or operating under strict regulatory constraints is an advantage.
- Worked on / have certification in Cloud technologies is an advantage.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.