To design, develop, implement and maintain Great Eastern MicroServices and the platform to support SGFinDex initiatives.
- Develop new and improve backend services using the latest technologies and best cloud computing practices such as Spring Boot, Java, Dockers, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools.
- Perform business requirement analysis and do technical assessment to identify functional & non-functional requirements.
- Define, configure and maintain API definitions to secure control and manage APIs.
- Maintain Swagger definition required to publish APIs.
- Build and test APIs for new and existing backend services to help facilitate development team.
- Document & maintain micro services catalogue for internal & external usage.
- Prepare detail design document, API Technical Specifications & other documents as necessary to support the platform or assigned projects.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated on the operation platform ensuring all meet SLA.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Develop and maintain utility services & reusable asset library.
- Build and document components, code or other assets that can be leveraged by project teams. Includes value-added services that are non-BU specific and might otherwise be redundantly developed and maintained by each area.
- Do unit testing and support integration testing.
- Support all planned maintenance activities, BAU activities for API/Micro Services including any emergency maintenance.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Min 8+ years of overall experience in professional IT/software engineering.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience with various API technologies, Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Java, Kubernetes & Dockers.
- Have experienced implementing applications & services using Spring Framework, Spring Boot & other Java related technologies with CI/CD tool like Jenkins/Bamboo, SonarQube, Bitbucket.
- Experienced in design and development of database tables, indexing, query and must have working experience using both SQL & No-SQL databases and DB integration with Application.
- Must have experience working & maintaining databases like MYSQL or Maria DB. Database experience hosted on cloud is a plus.
- Must have working experience using UNIX & Troubleshooting capability on issues related to Operating System & Network.
- Prefer with Banking or Insurance industry experience.
- Adaptable to fast-pace environment, self-driven and result-oriented.
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and possess initiative.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.