At Great Eastern, we are building a data platform to realize the full value of our data. We seek an experienced Principal Big Data Engineer to join our growing data engineering and analytics team. The right person for the job will have strong knowledge of Big Data Engineering and proven ability to strategize the implementation of data and analytics capabilities on a data platform (on premise and cloud) — from conception through release and production. The ideal candidate will be a strong data engineer; be willing to wrangle data, optimize data systems and products, and build them from the ground up. Experience with AWS, Snowflake, and migration to public could would be an advantage. The JobThe Lead Big Data Engineer will work across IT, Data Management and Governance, Visual Analytics, Data Scientists and key Business users to deliver business analytics contextual datasets and data products that enable data-driven businesses.
- Gather and analyze Business Analytics Product requirements.
- Architect end-to-end solution for Business Analytics Product (Data Product or Dashboards) from the acquiring of data, designing and building of curated / contextualized data for data product, business analytics and data science.
- Work across various stakeholders to ensure smooth production deployment of data pipeline and adherence to data governance policies.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to improve data engineering process.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Desired Experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, equivalent fields or proven experience in data engineering.
- Stakeholder Management – Conversant in Business terms and ability to resolve and explain data analytics issues with Business users and other concerned stakeholders.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Data Analytics field. An analytics practitioner with proven experience in delivering data-driven business solution and data-driven process augmentation.
- The candidate must have a demonstrated experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, and column-oriented databases such as Redshift, MySQL, and MariaDB.
- Process Oriented Able to translate complex problems into logical and repeatable processes and diligently document the proposed technical solution.
- Technical Skillset
- Minimum 5 years of SQL experience.
- Minimum 5 years working on Data Modeling / Data Warehousing.
- Minimum 3 years working on Big Data Technology (Hortonworks / Cloudera).
- Prior experience with Data Integration and Management Tool (Talend / Informatica) will be an advantage.
- Prior experience with Cloud Technology (AWS / Google) will be an advantage.
- Team Player
- Able to work with specialist in different disciplines to formulate data solutions.
- Able to work under pressure with or without supervision.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.