The candidate will be part of the Regional IFRS data integration team to build a base IFRS17 solution for Great Eastern Life (GEL) Group that will be used by all GEL entities (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia). The candidate is expected to deliver quality work with compliance to our Group IT processes and standards.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Provide and develop production grade Talend Big Data jobs with considerations on meeting the IT organization’s architecture standards.
- Work closely with data modelers/ system analysts on the required data interface/ requirement specifications.
- Conduct technical session/ clarification with data modelers and sub-system teams prior solution design, coding and unit testing.
- Document and review design of Talend Big Data jobs and interface specification.
- Implement error and exception handling.
- Import jobs to Talend Data Catalogue.
- Integrate Talend jobs with Autosys and restart failed jobs from Autosys.
- Perform technical impact assessment, source code release and deployment checklist.
- Validate built conformance to required specifications.
- Able to self-learn/ pick up application setup and support from vendor.
- Work effectively with peers and vendors to develop, setup and support IFRS17 application and data integration.
- Support SIT and UAT activities e.g. perform defect analysis, troubleshooting and fixing.
- Coordinate and support Performance and Security Testing activities e.g. environment setup and test scope.
- Coordinate with infrastructure team on deployment and related activities.
- Provide enhancement and production support after project go live.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Tertiary education, preferably in computing or engineering
- Talend Big Data Integration and Big Data (Hadoop) developer certifications
- Working Experience / skill sets required
- Data Warehousing experience: 4 years minimum
- 3+ years working experience of Hadoop (Hortonworks) developer experience in Spark and Hive; especially Spark version 2
- Talend Big Data version 7+ Developer experience: having 3-5 years working experience deploying code to production
- 2+ years working experience in Talend Big Data version 7 on Hadoop
- Experience designing Talend job orchestration through enterprise workload automation tool like Control-M; preferably Autosys
- Working knowledge of Hortonworks data platform for data ingestions frameworks from multiple source systems e.g. AS400, Oracle Finance, MS SQL, etc.
- Have development experience using Java, PL/SQL, SQL, Python, Scala with good knowledge of data models and data flows with strong understanding of dimensional and relational databases, including: stored procedures, constraints, normalization, indexes, and security
- Insurance and financial reporting domain knowledge will be an advantage
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
- Adapt to new technologies and willingness to learn.
- Pro-active and positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of computing, software design, use of parameterization, database and security concepts.
- Good communication & collaboration skills.
- Good Analytic & Problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of best practices of data related or coding disciplines.
- Familiar with regulatory, security and industry guidelines.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.