Reporting to the Lead of Data Science, this role is responsible to ensure the successful delivery of group wide advanced analytics initiatives. These initiatives typically include the application of advanced analytics models on structured, semi structured and unstructured data to derive business insights with a potential to drive business performance.
The Senior Data Scientist is expected to work closely with key stakeholders and possess the relevant technical skills required to implement analytics solutions that enable the use of data as a strategic asset.
- Participate in the build of group wide advanced analytics capabilities, with a focus on organizing, analysing and interpreting data to uncover patterns and trends and establishing how these findings can help increase business value through making better informed decisions.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to drive integration and adoption of analytics insights into new and existing business processes by demonstrating the ability to communicate the business benefits provided by analytics insights.
- Work closely with the Digital Business Platform Team for data-driven actionable insights across the Great Digital Advantage platforms.
- Establish partnership with the Analytics Enablement Team to ensure adequate data infrastructure is in place to support the availability and efficient blending of traditional, unstructured and also third party data for various analytics projects.
- Support the build of visual dashboards primarily aimed at monitoring the outcomes of advanced analytics models.
- Ensure all analytics project undertaking comply with both internal and external policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborate with third party solutions providers to identify next generation analytics solutions through a series of proof of concepts (POC)
- Provide group level support to extended Analytics team based in other GE offices such as Malaysia. Support ad-hoc requests as and when required.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Masters or BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Economics, Actuarial Science or equivalent disciplines that focuses on extensive use of data for analysis.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in advanced analytics, business intelligence and implementation of analytics projects required.
- Practical knowledge on machine learning techniques (clustering, tree algorithms, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrating the ability to communicate the business benefits provided by analytics insights.
- Working level competency in SQL programming and standard MS Office applications required.
- Working level competency in at least one programming language such as SAS, Python and R required.
- Experience in using data visualization software such as Tableau.
- Experience in using BigQuery and Google Analytics will be preferred.
- Experience in Insurance or Financial Services is a plus.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.