Reporting to the Lead of Data Science, this role is responsible to ensure the successful delivery of group wide data science initiatives. These initiatives typically include the application of data science models on structured, semi structured and unstructured data to derive business insights with a potential to drive business performance.
The Senior Data Scientist is expected to work closely with key stakeholders and possess the relevant technical skills required to implement analytics solutions that enable the use of data as a strategic asset.
- Participate in the build of group wide data science capabilities, with a focus on organizing, analysing and interpreting data to uncover patterns and trends and establishing how these findings can help increase business value through making better informed decisions.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, build and enhance data science models to help drive business performance.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to drive integration and adoption of analytics insights into new and existing business processes by demonstrating the ability to communicate the business benefits provided by analytics insights.
- Conduct regular reviews on planned and existing Analytics initiatives and identify ways to develop integrated analytics solutions across geography and function.
- Support the build of contextual data marts where necessary to advance the build of analytics models.
- Support the build of visual dashboards primarily aimed at monitoring the outcomes of data science models.
- Ensure all analytics project undertaking comply with both internal and external policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Provide group level support to extended Analytics team based in other GE offices.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Masters or BS in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or equivalent disciplines that focuses on extensive use of data for analysis.
- 5 to 7 years of experience participating in data science and analytics projects as an individual contributor required.
- Experience in insurance or financial services industry is a plus.
- Working level competency in SQL programming and standard MS Office applications required.
- Working level competency in at least one programming language such as SAS, Python and R required.
- Knowledge in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM, Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Practical knowledge in open source libraries such as scikit-learn, numpy, TensorFlow etc. is preferred.
- Experience in data visualization software such as Tableau is a plus.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.