To perform the role of the Application Developer/Designer in AS400 team.
- Application development and Maintenance for Life Insurance Adminstration in LIS.
- Production and Night Support.
- Coordination with BA/user for requirement gathering, Unit Testing and support SIT/UAT testing.
- Analyzes BA or user's needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and develops the design specifications for the applications.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapting to new hardware, or to improve its performance or develop new applications meeting client's requirements.
- Required to provide quality solutions to customer within the required SLA / schedule
- Provides consultation to users about software system design and maintenance.
- Required to provide good technical solution, develop out of box solutions but must meet IT organization's architecture standards.
- Documentation on design specification and functional specification.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent.
- Software development experience with COBOL/400 Programming, CL/400, AS400/Query, SQL.
- Domain knowledge in Insurance Applications.
- 3 to 5 years of working experiences in AS400 platform.
- Resourceful, dynamic individual, good communication skills.
- Experience with working knowledge in Life, Health and PA Insurance.
- Good understanding on SDLC.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.