You will be responsible for ongoing data management for reporting and advanced analytics for Gain Theory’s clients globally. The overarching objective is to process data optimally, refining data processes to make them repeatable, with minimal manual intervention, and with utmost quality.
Reporting: You will report into the Director - Data
3 best things about the job:
- Be part of a dynamic team, responsible for harnessing the power of data and technology to provide timely, actionable business insights to our clients
- Be part of a global Centre of Excellence and work for clients across the globe
- Learn and develop yourself in cutting edge technologies and platforms in the field of data and analytics
Measures of success:
In 3 months
- Retrieve, compile, and format large volumes of data
- Execute ETL processes on disparate data sets to cleanse, transform, and aggregate them in order to feed into dashboards or a model
- Evaluate and refine existing data processes
In 6 months
- Operationalize data processes from a ‘POC’ state
- Define QA procedures
- QA datasets and resolve data discrepancies
In 12 months
- Prepare and refresh datasets for advanced marketing analytical needs
- Prepare and refresh datasets for data visualizations, dashboards, or business reports
- Document data processes
- Actively seek more efficient ways of doing things for yourself and others and turn suggestions into actions including in service and product development.
- Demonstrate flexibility and work across multiple clients and projects at a time as directed by your project manager.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Open to Fresh Graduates or people with <1 year experience
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, manipulate the same, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused, consistent
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects/workstreams at a time
- Understand data processing, i.e. Extract/Transform/Load.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to write advanced SQL scripts and do performance tuning
- Proven Working experience in using technologies within AWS tech suite (Redshift, Spark, Spectrum)
- Prior knowledge of the marketing ecosystem, understanding of marketing metrics, and analytical products offered as a service is useful
- Familiarity with scripting in Python, R, Selenium, VBA is useful
- Fundamental understanding of Web - HTTP and REST APIs
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.