We are looking for a Data Science manager with at least 10 years of hands-on experience building Data Science solutions and leading teams. The candidate is expected to be very hands-on with building and deploying Machine Learning applications using programming languages like Python and R and should have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, leadership, innovation, creativity, insight and good judgment. The candidate is expected to have experience leading teams and delivery of Data Science work. The candidate will be responsible for identifying opportunities, creating solutions and leading engagements with the client and mentoring other Data Scientists within the team.
· Recruit other Data Scientists based on project requirements.
· Mentor and manage other Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Visualisation developers within the Data Science team
· Be a champion and a point of contact for all Data Science work.
· Hands-on experience working on developing and deploying Data Science solutions and providing technical sign-off on all the Data Science projects.
· Ability to understand the business challenges and be able to contribute towards building a strategy and roadmap for clients
· Work with different parties including Data and Technology Partners, Pre-Sales team and Account leads to identify opportunities and come up with solutions to business problems.
· Be involved in solution design for innovation and be a champion in this space
· At least 10 years of hands-on experience building Data Science solutions
· Proven experience managing Data Science teams and mentoring other Data Scientists
· Hands on experience writing efficient codes in R and Python for feature engineering and building predictive models
· Sound knowledge of various machine learning algorithms such as Decision trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, XGBoost, deep neural networks etc.,
· Experience working on text data building NLP models
· Knowledge of building interpretability into the models to explain outcomes
· Ability to build end to end pipelines to deploy models
· Knowledge of using Spark APIs for R and Python to work on Big Data.
· Experience building dashboards using visualisation tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or RShiny is good to have
· Experience working on cloud technologies like Azure, AWS and GCP is desirable.
· Goal oriented with strong attention to detail
· Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes
· Bachelor's and Master’s or a PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related field preferred OR equivalent professional experience
· Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity
· Ability to think outside the box
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly to varied requirements
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment