Provides technical contribution within an area of expertise to lead requirement, analysis, detailed design and verification activities for an assigned product, project, or solution. Provides guidance to other engineers on their technical issues, engages in design reviews and help resolves problems of medium complexity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identifies technical problems, provides innovative, creative solutions; shares technical knowledge with team.
· Incorporates business, market, industry, and competitive knowledge into technical solutions that can be readily adapted to changes in technology and/or clinical use.
· Generates alternatives and takes reasonable risks while solving technical problems.
· Completes detailed, high quality technical documentation to capture and communicate designs.
· Uses existing tools and best practices to report and track product and process metrics.
· Challenges project teams and established work processes and proactively finds creative methods to reach desired performance levels
· Informs others proactively about developments or issues that affect their work, and their ability to meet commitments.
· Process and review system-level requirements and translate them into software requirements specifications.
· Designs and implements application solutions to embedded control systems, especially system with motion control function.
· Develop test plans, then test the implemented code.
· Document the design and generate FMEA.
· Collaborate with internal and/or external parties in the development, improvement, and maintenance of web portals and products that uses web technology/applications.
· Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· PhD / Masters / bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, robotics, electrical & electronics, Computer Science, 2 - 7 years of experience.
· Experience in at least one complete software development life cycle from concept to release. Should demonstrate significant technical contribution to the projects.
· Understand basic PID Control and able to apply fundamental knowledge on simple motion control systems.
· Experience with communication protocols and interfaces (SPI, I2C, USB, TCP/IP).
· Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented and/or functional development, concurrency, and data structures.
· Demonstrated capability in writing development test cases and its execution before releasing software to verification and validation.
· Experience with Medical Devices and FDA Regulations will be an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Good experience in programming language C, C++.
· Good knowledge and product development experience in embedded OS environment, such as FreeRTOS, VxWorks, µC/OS or Embedded Linux.
· Knowledge in SIMULINK / MATLAB.
· Knowledge in Motion Control Theory.
· Experience with communication protocols and interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP) driver.
· Experience with ARM Cortex A or M based microcontrollers and application processors.
· Understand digital control, analog circuits, sensor interfaces, embedded systems/control, network interfaces. Be able to read schematics and interact with hardware engineers to understand hardware, software trade-offs.
· Good communication (written and verbal), documentation and presentation skills.
· Good teamwork and leadership skill with can do attitude, ability to empower team members to drive to output.