Homage software engineers have a penchant for solving unique problems; if you love and thrive on keeping up to date with and gaining a deep understanding of the latest web technologies, you will love working with us. Homage is as much about web design as it is about employing diverse areas of Computer Science, including machine learning, information retrieval, distributed computing and natural language processing to transform the home healthcare industry in Asia.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications (client side will be a bonus), create robust production applications for the various Homage products for families and caregivers, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Enable amazing user experiences on all our platforms and systems by using your strong background in both database and web development.
- Own projects from end to end, and help build a strong ownership culture within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or ICT-related field (Relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- 2-10 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- You should also have a strong understanding and practical experience with API development, DevOps, MongoDB & SQL, AWS. Experience with Meteor & React will be a bonus.
- A Polyglot with experience applying multiple web development languages to live applications.
- You understand what it takes to build a good AWS architecture.
- Experience working with Message queue protocol like RabbitMQ or SQS.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
To apply, send your resume and a link to your portfolio, GitHub or work samples with a brief introduction.