- 4+ years professional experience, worked in cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, etc.)
- Strong CS knowledge, expertise building complex distributed services on large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs.
- Professional programming experience with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
About The Job
Join a growing team in a company that is continually redefining how people travel. Our APAC team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling, improving and operating our direct integrations platform across the board.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers. You have strong software, data modeling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
- Build innovative user experiences, setting code and performance standards
- Work with your teammates to improve their working knowledge of AWS, GCP and related cloud operations
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems
- Build, own and generally maintain our vendor integration microservices
- Execute what you build - DevOps mindset
- Contribute to improvements in a microservices architecture system
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth
- Seize great opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Additional compensation for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance costs