You will study the existing HDB Rental Housing related processes by looking at the customer experience of rental applicants and tenants as well as issues faced by staff backend. From there, you will develop solutions in the re-engineering and streamlining of workflows / automation of existing processes through the conduct of system enhancements, digital services projects or use of data analytics:
- For projects related to system and digital service enhancement, you need to accurately define and analyse the business needs of respective operations, map out the end-user journey and come out with an overall optimised workflow for the project scope. You will also need to conduct research or surveys on the overall customer experience of the proposed solution beforehand. In terms of project execution, you will be required to work out and drive the project schedules, coordinate the requirements gathering process, compile inputs across stakeholders and consider all views in the proposed design so as to contribute to the comprehensive development of functional/design specifications. Impact assessment on operations will also need to be considered in terms of the backend system workflows and linkages to other systems and be factored into the system enhancements required. You will also need to ensure timely implementation of the project development within the stipulated milestones. From time to time, you may also be required to conduct reviews of the solutions through usability testing sessions on end-users and present the outcomes to management.
- For projects related to data analytics, you will be required to better make use of data gathered across systems to support various operational and policy needs. For example, you will be required to merge datasets to generate relevant information for ad-hoc requests as well as automate the development dashboard visualisation for regular reporting on trends. There will also be projects whereby in-depth studies (e.g. predictive) will be conducted on solutioning in specific business areas related to Rental Housing.
You will also assist in the day-to-day operations and functions of System Administrator for Rental Housing Management System (RHMS) and advise stakeholders in the necessary backend system workflows whereby system changes are required. One key aspect of your work here is to support the revamp of RHMS 2.0 to better serve the needs of needy public rental families and deliver better customer services. You will be tasked to support execution of the revamp by working closely with HDB IT department to develop the necessary systems to drive desired and sustainable solutions.
You should have the following attributes:
- Possess a background Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or in a related discipline;
- Possess an understanding of data management, statistics, regression, data-mining and modelling techniques;
- Possess knowledge of how various data are gathered, stored, merged and retrieved, as well as a general understanding of how application systems work;
- Have the ability to transform and interpret the data accurately to generate necessary insights as well as be able to present complex information in a friendly manner for layman to understand;
- Have a keen interest to learn new skillsets like programming, data analytics and user experience-user interface (UX/UI) design digital technologies;
- Be a good team player, be task-oriented and focused on end results, have good communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to work with stakeholders within and outside of the organisation in delivering desired project outcomes.
Successful Candidate will be offered a 1+1 year contract
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted for the position within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.