- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of machine control applications that perform hardware control for production machines that is running in the 24x7 non-stop highly automated and high volume manufacturing lines .
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines to meet manufacturing processes requirements.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements of machine control applications that interact with machine hardware such as robot, machine vision, IO sensor and etc, and integrated with computerized and networked data systems.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem for manufacturing lines.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal partners such as process / product engineers, and outsourced development partners such as tooling vendors, as well as manufacturing partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Pilot State of the Art industrial 4.0 technology with design thinking methodology.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience working in highly automated and high-volume manufacturing environments. Candidates with no prior experience are welcome to apply.
- Good knowledge in Window and Linux Server Administration.
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language programming.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge in the software development for machine control using software programming languages in C++, .Net C# and Java.
- Ability to apply Industrial 4.0 knowledge.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills in maintaining high performance machines.
- knowledge in designing software applications running on multiple platform types for production machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to present to stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate various options to meet project scope and schedule.
Sustainable impact is HP’s commitment to create positive, lasting change for the planet, its people, and our communities. This serves as a guiding principle for delivering on our corporate vision – to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
HP is a Human Capital Partner – we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.