What a Software Development Engineer does at HP:
- Develop product test scripts to be used in R&D and production to improve and ensure product performance, stability, & quality.
- Develop test scripts to be used with functional testers at module suppliers and top-level factories.
- Maintain the core software & associated tools with bug fixes, needed new capabilities, and feature enhancements.
- Provide training and technical support to users inside and outside HP.
- Contribute to yield improvement by continuously improving software robustness, assisting quality and factory teams on troubleshooting failures, and advising on product/specification improvements.
- Reduce the cost of test by monitoring and reducing test cycle time at the manufacturing partners.
- Represents the manufacturing test team for all phases of large and complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to team.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience.
- Test Engineering experience with complex electro-mechanical hardware.
- Programming experience in Python and Visual Basic (V6/.net).
- Experience with hardware test software.
- Able to use software applications design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Sustainable impact is HP’s commitment to create positive, lasting change for the planet, its people, and our communities. This serves as a guiding principle for delivering on our corporate vision – to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
HP is a Human Capital Partner – we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!