Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of data issues associated with product quality, customer experience, and warranty for the printer business. Works on problems of complex scope across diverse data sets of field failure and call data, customer verbatim from reviews, surveys and calls, and warranty financial systems. Acts as an informed team member providing insights from analysis of information to direct action. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
What a Warranty Data Analyst Does At HP
- Design, code, maintain and administration of existing SQL Server databases.
- Database migration and upgrades from one version to another.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of the data and insights tools used for analysis and insights generation.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on field repair data and call details for our current product engineering teams.
- Provide customize data analysis/reports for EMQI activities.
- Accurately assign symptoms & symptom details based on CSO repair and customer call details.
- Analyze and present summaries of CSO repair and customer call details for products to identify top contributors, ie. by product by geographic region.
- Leverages critical thinking and data science skills to manage regular and ad hoc analysis and delivery of field/customer insights to our current product engineering teams to drive appropriate mitigation or improvement actions.
- Contribute to driving product quality improvements and warranty cost reductions.
- Tie insights into effective visualizations communicating product issues.
- Mine data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Drive for continuous improvement of insights tools capabilities and effectiveness or the creation of new tools.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Data Science/Analytics, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferably 4-6 years of database or data analytics experience.
- Good command of English.
- Experience with warranty and/or support and services business model at global or regional level.
- Experience in customer facing job, preferably in after sales support role.
- Experience with data tools and data science approaches.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL language.
- Other coding knowledge a plus : R, Python, C# etc.
- Advanced knowledge on BI data tools, databases, data management platforms, data analytics tools such MS Access/Excel, VBA, Power BI and Tableau are highly desired.
Sustainable impact is HP’s commitment to create positive, lasting change for the planet, its people, and our communities. This serves as a guiding principle for delivering on our corporate vision – to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
HP is a Human Capital Partner – we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.