The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research environment to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for DevOps engineers who like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and love working in fast-paced environments. Responsibilities are broad and include building complex python venvs, debian packages, operating system deployment and configuration automation, performance tuning, tool development, testing new hardware and software, and much more. We are jacks-of-all-trades who can effectively multitask yet retain a high attention to detail that keeps our systems running as efficiently as possible.
- Debian packaging, deployment automation, configuration management
- Python packaging, virtualenv and wheel building
- Linux performance analysis and tuning
- Troubleshoot complex OS and networking issues
- Build tools to improve our research, trading, automation, and monitoring
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and improvement of large scale Linux installations
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and ABI compatibility
- Deep knowledge of python tools like PIP, virtualenv, wheels, setuptools, etc.
- Python and shell scripting experience required
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, monitoring, and metrics
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Automation geek: you don't like to do the same task twice manually
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.