Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners. Passionate for technologies and meeting prospects, Client Technical specialist work closely with prospects to address business and technical requirements leveraging IBM Solution stack. They provide technical expertise to progress, close opportunities and follow-thru with client success. This may include: collaborating with IBM sales teams to define and design technical solution; delivering Proof of Concept; developing and delivering technical education; supporting critical situations; and overcome technical constraints. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical viability and feasibility of the proposed solution in addressing client’s requirements.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be a solution and subject matter expert in the domain for IT Management and AIOps, specifically IBM Cloud Pak for AIOps. Analysing customer situations and requirements, develop high quality AIOps solutions tailored to the client’s business and technical needs superior to the competition. It is essential that you are able to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, product offerings and services within the IBM Cloud Pak for AIOps portfolio coupled with your domain expertise of the industry and business.
- Understand client requirements, positioning IBM Cloud Pak for AIOps solution suite to meet customer requirements
- Technical Demonstration of IBM Cloud Pak for AIOps capabilities to customers and business partners
- Technical leadership and domain expert to collaborate with Sales, IT Architects, business partners, and extended team to create and propose an effective solution for the client, with competitive differentiators
- Handle responses to RFP/RFI and manage objections
- Lead and Deliver Proof of Concepts including developing technical assets, installation of software and building of minimal viable product.
- Technical Advisor to customers on their IT Operations strategies and initiatives leveraging IBM Cloud Paks solution suite
- Manage post-sales relationships to progress solution consumption by client
- As part of IBM Automation Business Unit to meet quarterly and annual sales revenue target
- Provide technical sales leadership to promote IBM Cloud Paks and development of new opportunities
- Expand the ecosystem by working Business partners to develop their skills and solutions on IBM Cloud Pak for AIOp
Technical skills :
- Deep domain knowledge of of traditional IT Operations (ITOps) Engineers and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), tools they used and operational challenges.
- Ability to assess where the client is on in their journey from traditional IT Operations to SRE, and able to articulate and demonstrate the value of AIOps to help them with the transition.
- Experience in designing, sizing and selling Platform, Multi-Cloud management and AI Ops based solutions covering application, infrastructure and network Provisioning, Availability, Performance Monitoring and Change & Configuration Management, Orchestration Solutions, including IT Service Desk
- Experience with operating clusters effectively on a Kubernetes platform preferably Red Hat Openshift Container Platform
- Expert knowledge of DevSecOps, Cloud Native and Micro-services Concepts : Containers , Docker, Kubernates, Terraform, DevOps Pipelines, etc
- ITIL, Certifications of IBM and Redhat solution suite will be an advantage