Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cloud Engineers in IBM’s Garage are part of a cross-functional team delivering a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will use contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. You will apply a user-centric approach to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve the desired client impact. You understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design. You understand the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to the overall solution. You will develop a deep understanding of complex, large scale multi-region solutions which utilize multiple independent life cycle microservices. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development, and application of Agile methodologies.Your Role and Responsibilities :Cloud Engineers are part of a cross functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. The responsibility includes:
- Uses contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test and deliver Cloud-based solutions
- Applies a user-centric approach to ensure all included features and value for the user and achieve desired client impact
- Understands the nuances of different cloud solutions and implications for solution design
- Understands the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to an overall solution
- Deep understanding of complex large scale multi region solutions that are utilizing multiple independent life cycle microservices
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability; ensure that the implemented solutions are unit tested and ready to be integrated into their product
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills combined with keen desire to develop quality code in an Agile process
- Design, code, and test innovative component-level solutions in areas such as cloud foundation, cloud services, cloud management applications, machine learning, computational linguistics, natural language processing and security applications
- Use DevOps practices and methods to plan and create software applications
- Partners with the client and IBM Garage team to enable a continuous integration environment leading to successful Minimum Viable Solution (MVS) development
- Analyzes client development environment to champion DevOps and CI/CD practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced in Cloud platform, infra & services
- Deep skills on Kubernetes design principles e.g. Operator framework, etc.
- Foundation - Design Thinking & Agile Development
- Experienced in Cloud solution architecture, design, test and deployment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Certified Kubernetes Application/App Developer
- OpenShift Certified Administrator
- IBM, AWS, Azure, Red Hat cloud engineer certification
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.