IBM Technology Consulting & Implementation Services (TC&IS) is a business within IBM that is focused on advising and implementing solutions that lead our clients through digital disruptions within their business.
The TC&IS ambition is to grow market share and become the trusted cognitive and hybrid cloud leader in the industry. We are the professionals who advise, design, build, migrate and transform the foundational IT systems and services that the world relies on.
Within TC&IS, you will be joining the Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Practice.
The mission of HCI is to deliver and generate revenue in Cloud and Legacy project-based technology, in implementing and integrating services for our clients in the hybrid multi cloud space.
- Administration, build, and deploy major Cloud services related to computing, storage, network, and security. This is a hands-on role for someone to manage, facilitate, and coordinate the execution of proposed solutions from conceptual design to implementation and through its life cycle.
- This position will also require the design and development of new Cloud service offerings and will rely heavily on the ability to use written and verbal communication skills in scoping, estimating, and proposing the solutions.
- This role also ensures that the operational activities required to manage and administrate the implemented solutions are documented and executed consistently following approved change control purposes.
- Leading the individual Tower technical leaders in strategy and process to ensure that we are using the expected patterns and processes to maintain standards and optimal performance.
- Bridging the gap between Architecture, Engineers, and SME’s to ensure that the designs we are putting forward are supportable and can function as designed.
- Conduct research, investigations and feasibility studies into designated technical issues and problems
- Bachelors degree or 2-4 years of relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience with installation, configuration, daily administration, and support of multiple VMware, Azure, GCP, or AWS computing environments including Servers, Containers, Backup, Storage, Firewalls, Express Route, Load Balancers, Single Sign-on and Threat detection monitoring is required.
- Should have hands-on experience of system administration of Windows and LINUX servers, virtual machines, and associated technologies on physical servers.
- Familiarity with the management of Azure Site Recovery, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), IAM, DNS, and AWS Control Tower along with automated deployment of services using Terraform, Cloud formation, ARM, PowerShell and Linux scripts.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced controlled production server environment is preferred, and a background in database technologies such as SQL server is a plus.
- Proven experience using Infrastructure as code (IaC), preferably Terraform and the ability to estimate and deliver new services and features via an agile DevOps approach, is preferred.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and customer service skills required.
- Sound knowledge of relevant current and emerging technologies.
- Proven experience in leading complex defect troubleshooting and resolution
- Experience in ServiceNow deployment.
- Experience in IT Tools implementation like ServiceNow is mandatory.