Cloud Engineer in IBM’s Garage are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation.
As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will use contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test, and deliver solutions.
You will apply a user-centric approach to ensure all included features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
You will understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on prem) and implications for solution design.
You will understand the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to an overall solution.
You will develop a deep understanding of complex large scale multi region solutions that are utilizing multiple independent life cycle microservices.
An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development, and working in Agile ways.
Your Role and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability; ensure that the implemented solutions are unit tested and ready to be integrated into their product
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills combined with keen desire to develop quality code in an Agile process
- Design, code, and test innovative component-level solutions in areas such as cloud foundation, cloud services, cloud management applications, machine learning, computational linguistics, natural language processing and security applications
- Use DevOps practices and methods to plan and create software applications
Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years hands-on software engineering
- At least 1 year of using Agile practices in a professional or academic environment
- Understanding of development frameworks (Spring, ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Designing and implementing automated dev-ops deployments that implement CI / CD best practices
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of client facing experience - strong, collaborative client relationships
- Understanding Cloud Foundry, Docker and Containers
- Demonstratable experience in private and public Cloud
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.