We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
What you will do:
- Work closely with fellow Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Designers to define, refine and implement features on the product line.
- Work closely with DevOps to build frameworks and tools, define standards (e.g., API contract) and improve overall efficiency of the development (e.g., CI/CD) and hygiene of the codebase (i.e., Git).
- Work on complex engineering problems to improve the scalability, security, and reliability of our platform.
- Have hands-on programming and architecture design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly.
What you will need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other related Degrees.
- Min. 5 years of experience in similar roles. Experience in tech start-up is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, RESTful/RPC services, C++/Java/Golang and related system programming languages. Having experience of Golang is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g., Redis/MongoDB), message queue (e.g., Kafka/Kinesis), and relational databases (e.g., MySQL).
- Experience with Docker, basic CI/CD flow on AWS or GCP.
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling, Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality.