We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer/Analyst to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer/Analyst will support our software developers and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure and tools required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Design and implement Data as a Service (DaaS) for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in developing intelligent agile operation
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
Qualifications And Experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer/Analyst role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
The ideal candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with AWS / Azure cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Data Factory, Azure Synapse
- Experience with .Net development to build ETL pipeline
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. would be advantageous
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.