IAspire Internship Program
Make a difference and be part of something bigger. Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina iAspire internship opportunities. During our program, you’ll learn, grow, and become a fully integrated member of the Illumina team. Join us for our iAspire Internship Program 2022, and we'll give you an experience you'll remember for a lifetime! To apply, please visit our Careers website: https://illumina.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/illumina-universityrecruiting
DevOps Engineer Intern (18-24 Weeks)
The DevOps Engineer Intern will be required to complete an 18-24 weeks program from Jan to May or Jun to Dec 2022 period. Selected candidates will be invited to submit a video interview, and top candidates will be invited to our office to attend an assessment event. Offers will be extended following the event.
The DevOps Engineer Intern will report directly to the DevOps Engineering Manager/Staff Engineer and will be part of the Global Product DevOps team. He/She will have the chance to be involved in the development of DevOps tools & pipelines and work in a team with various stakeholders including software developers, product managers and fellow Sr. DevOps engineers. The successful candidate will also experience working together with the broader DevOps team in our headquarters, located in San Diego, US.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Work as part of DevOps team to maintain and extend codebase for DevOps solutions for SaaS genomic application extending the capability, improving robustness and quality, and optimising for performance
- Develop solutions to drive optimisation of cloud operations around cost management, time to market, security and privacy, and delivery of worldwide capability
- Apply state of the art cloud best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve continuous integration/continuous deployment defects
- Contribute to DevOps design reviews and code reviews
- Learn and have fun!
Qualifications And Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, master’s or PhD program, ideally in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Competent in at least one software programming language including Java, Perl or Python
- Understanding design patterns is a plus
- Experience in extracurricular activities such as hackathon, open-source projects is a big plus
- A passion to apply modern cloud computing to the transformation of human health with genomics
This internship opportunity aims to provide students whose interests and directions lie beyond research in an academic environment, with practical experience of how they can continue to apply and leverage on the knowledge they have acquired in a different role.
The goals are to help the student achieve the following learning objectives:
- Real-life experience of working within a highly regulated global manufacturing/business environment
- Develop an understanding of DevOps processes and industry best practices
- Opportunity to apply actual learning to different areas of work
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.