- Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test world-class distributed cloud software that powers our industry-leading DNA sequencing and laboratory information systems
- Develop and maintain Java / C# / .Net based web application and microservices
- Evaluate and Propose suitable alternatives for our software architecture, designs, and implementations
- Show a passion for leading-edge software development practices
- Display a passion for clean code, loose coupling, and clean architectures
- Be a results-oriented, hyper-collaborator: leading joint design sessions, pair programming, design and code reviews, etc
- Show a passion for leading-edge development practices – Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps, REST-based SOA
- Develop sustainable, automated deployment and build processes
- Practice software engineering principles such as agile methodologies, scrum and continuous integration
- Learn and have fun with some of the smartest people you’ll ever meet!
Required Educational Background
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Full Stack Developers who are proficient in both frontend and backend coding
- Experience in an object oriented programming language; C# preferred
- Experience using Docker. Ideally through orchestration platform such as Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos, etc.
- Building and consuming REST APIs
- RDBMS such as AWS-RDS, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Message Queues (AWS-SQS, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Demonstrated strong ability to design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded applications
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Software engineering principles such as Agile methodologies, Scrum, DevOps and continuous integration (CI/CD). source control management repositories (GIT, SVN)
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be team-oriented, motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience automating high quality unit tests against mock objects
- Experience in building large-scale cloud distributed systems is a plus
- Experience in biotech and bioinformatics is a plus
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply!
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.