- Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test the instrument control software that powers our industry-leading DNA sequencing and genotyping devices
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Participate in all aspects of our agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings and sprint demos
- Create and execute unit tests to verify functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Contribute to software design reviews and code reviews
- Learn and have fun with some of the smartest people you’ll ever meet!
Required Educational Background
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Experience in an object oriented programming language; C# preferred
- Demonstrated strong ability to design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded .NET applications
- Able to write robust code that meets product requirements while being lean, maintainable, unit tested, and easy to understand
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated individual
- Self-starter mentality with excellent communication skills
- Passion for technology
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.