You will be responsible for proposing new ways of acquiring, analysing and using the data available to our operations and processes. You will be in charge of data administration by ensuring that the processes in place are efficiently supporting our teams to take data driven decisions. You understand and are able to optimize how these data are used and flows through the various tools used by the Operation teams (Gsheet, Datastudio, CRM, ERP, etc). You will work closely with the IT/OT team and support other functions (BPSC, CS, Sales, Purchasing…) when needed in order to improve the usage of data cross departments.
Using data analysis techniques you will solve business-related problems and help identify opportunities that allow the team to better understand, automate and improve processes and performance by exploiting data and creating machine learning algorithms.
You will be part of the Industrial Continuous Improvement and Quality team covering 30 sites across Asia Pacific.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain current data consolidation and dashboard in good working condition (acquisition tools, Database administration, dashboards)
- Develop current data consolidation tools to fit users requirements and ensure an optimized data management structure
- Promote data accuracy and run data reliability control check.
- Improve in-house data collection procedure and propose improvements including automatisation of manual task through databases connections
- Perform data analysis on large complex set of data to extract valuable information that will help end users to take data driven decisions
- Use data analysis methodologies to define optimization models. Realize or coordinate the models integration into our systems. Support the operation team to translate the results into actionable plans.
- Manage and transfer the knowledge through documentation and presentations (training, workshops, seminars, posts)
- Ensure that current and new development tools are in line with Imerys standard practices and tools
- Degree in Engineering school with a master and experience in data science, or in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Operation research, Physics
- minimum 3 years professional experience in data science, with proven achievements in data science projects, from the business case selection phase, through the prototyping and implementation of the models
- English: Oral and written communication skills is mandatory
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- Analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyse, and interpret large data sets
- Highly capable of using Google Suite tools (Gsheet, Datastudio, BigQuery, Google App Script)
- Self starter and able to analyse data consolidation processes to propose improvements
- Ability to interact with internal customers and other departments to create data management tools that will ease daily operations
- Understanding of IT/OT interaction and interest for the manufacturing world
- Give attention to details, patient and customer oriented
- Experience with databases (SQL, AWS redshift or other,), good level in Minitab, programming experience (Python and R,)
- Have the ability to optimize the user experience while developing new tools
This position will be applicable to local employment terms and conditions.