The Windows Server Engineer is a technical specialist working as part of a Wintel Enterprise Operations Team. The Team provides to an enterprise level client base responsible for incident resolution, processing of change requests, and contributions to problem management for all Wintel platform cases. The candidate will ideally be qualified to an MSCA/MCSE/MCITP level or possess a similar proven track record of experience.
- Resolving third level support cases; 90% of which will be resolved without escalation.
- Escalating to the relevant team as required, promptly following procedures and ensuring management is updated accordingly.
- Ensuring the Client and delivery team is up to date at all times on incident progress.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and co-ordinate replacement of faulty hardware.
- Involve in the execution of Client Change Requests in a timely manner as planned by Client Service Partner and Infra Delivery teams.
- Escalation of critical issues/outages to Delivery Team Management as per procedures.
- Provide detailed feedback to team members on all incident resolutions, ensuring full details are documented and entered into Knowledge base
- Daily review and action of open cases; updating Operations Management on current cases and their status as appropriate.
- Update Operations team on any projects being worked on.
- To provide comprehensive handovers to peers at the end of shift.
- Attend Daily Operations and Change Review Meetings as required.
- Log cases to 3rd party vendors requesting assistance on unresolved issues.
- Compliance - Working with Client base to organize and schedule compliance items such as hardware and software updates including firmware revisions and OS and Sub-Systems patching.
- 7 years of excellent knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012 and associated platform(s) and/or tools,
- Hands on experince in Vmware 6.5 and above.
- Good knowledge and experience in Active directory forest and multiple domain trusts
- Good knowledge in Microsoft clustering
- Experience in DHCP,DNS, GPO
- Knowledge of Storage technologies, virtualisation like VMware, MSSQL and Citrix (useful)
- Excellent debugging and problem analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage large projects
- Acknowledged expert in their field
EA License No. - 14C6941
Desired Skills and Experience
proven track record, Windows Servers, platform, Objective, VMware vCenter, Data Center, VMware, Processing, Unix, problem solving skills, Windows Server, VMware Certified Professional, Servers, System Administration, VMware ESX Server, WinTel, Virtualization, Linux, change requests