- Map high level architectural ambiguity driven by customer requirements, product roadmaps etc., to highly scalable architecture designs.
- Primarily responsible for architecting and delivering datacenter and hybrid Cloud solutions for our customers.
- Consulting with client stakeholders on strategies for deployment of new Cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing equipment
- Delivering end-to-end infrastructure management solutions for our customers
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, coding and scripting best practices
- Automating infrastructure migration to Cloud environments
- Implementing Cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
- Supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation and Cloud journey
Responsibility % of time spent
This Will Involve
20% Analysis of system requirements
- Analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization
- Coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
- Analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
40% Technology Evaluation, Recommendations, and Improvements
This is the major part of the overall responsibility of this role, involving the following:
- Participating in evaluating the right product/technologies, identifying best practices and lessons learned
- Provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. Present the recommendations clearly and understandably to senior management.
30% Lead, Design and Review of New Systems
This Part Is To Focus On
- Leading the design and review processes for new systems
- Develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working across the IT department
- Supporting technology change management through effective impact analysis and appropriate corrective measures
10% Supplier and Partner Management
This Role Will Also Need To
- Manage and maintain the relationship with partners and suppliers
U nderstand the technology development roadmap and align the same with the client business and technology needs. 10%
Bachelor of Engineering / Technology / Science
- Minimum 10 Yrs. experience in Datacenter and Cloud technologies
- 8 years of experience in Architecture and Design
Knowledge and skills (general and technical) Technical skills
- Experience with administering virtual private Clouds based on VMWare or Nutanix.
- Experience in Micro-services architecture and Kubernetes will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in managing large and complex hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with hyper converged infrastructure & Software defined datacenter solutions would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional business initiatives
- Understanding of Hyperscalers and public cloud and various options and connectivity solutions between Public cloud and On Prem
- Should be familiar with cloud native services
- Good background and experience on cloud security
Nice to have
- Exposure to Ansible, Python and Terraform
- Understanding of current networking including SDN for Datacentre and SDWAN for WAN.
- Understanding of Cyber Security in modern Data Centre and hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Automation experience would be an added advantage
- Readiness to work in a multi-cultural environment
Other Requirements (licenses, Certifications, Specialized Training)
- Excellent communication both verbal and written skills
- Excellent Analytical and troubleshooting skill.
- Focus on Delivery and Customer Service, an eye for detail.
- Team Player
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Proven track record of building consensus, negotiation, and diplomacy