We are not just a technology company full of people, we’re a people company full of technology.
It is people like you who make us what we are today.
Welcome to our world!
So, What’s Your Next Destination?
- Is it a better technology?
- A better you?
- Or a better community of makers?
Wherever you desire to go, we give you the tools, the techniques, and the teams to navigate the journey. So you’re inspired to build what’s next, ensure your career never stands still, and navigate further together. Move forward. Take the world with you.
The Windows Engineering team is responsible for virtual desktop, thin client and server platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, and Microsoft SCCM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenServer, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms. Goldman Sachs is seeking an experienced Windows engineer to be part of the Windows Engineering team. Candidate should possess at least 5+ years of professional experience with Windows operating systems, some PowerShell scripting and a strong understanding of Windows systems management using SCCM/MECM, Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Workflow development and other Windows Technologies. Candidate will be part of a team helping to accelerate various windows uplift programs, to improve overall client experience on windows virtual desktop platform
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
- Participate on platform and business driven projects from scoping, tracking, reporting to delivery
- Learn and leverage our systems management, configuration and workflow orchestration solutions to deliver on key program goals towards improved desktop performance, stability and reliability.
- Measure, curate and analyse key telemetry data with a clear purpose of monitoring and trending program delivery against well-defined set of KPI's
- Engage our software development teams on feature requirements, testing and certification.
- Document standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
- Windows engineering, administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Windows server and desktop platforms
- Experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, Python, SQL, Windows Batch
- Experience on various enterprise products: Windows Server, VDI (Citrix, View, RDS),
- Virtualization (Hyper V, vSphere), System Center (SCCM, SCOM), OS Deployment, Group Policy, WSUS
- Experience with large scale Windows systems management and patch management technologies and support
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Singapore citizens and those authorized to work in Singapore are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- At least 3 years of experience in Primary Skills Java/UNIX/Database – Mandatory Ones
- At least 2 years of experience in Application Support experience – Java, UNIX, Database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.