The Systems Engineer, in conjunction with the Senior Systems Engineer, is responsible for the maintenance, support, audit, and enhancement of all end user computing equipment. The role helps to ensure the reliable operation of all the end user computing equipment globally, which core and critical business processes rely on. It acts as an escalation point for all the desktop engineers globally.
The Systems Engineer will need to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new IT solutions and should have the ability to adhere to IT Service Level Agreements.
The role will act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert (the IB's ITSM system).
- Work as part of a team to ensure the ongoing stability and performance of end user devices.
- Act as an escalation point for related incidents (proactively identifies, troubleshoots, researches, documents, and implements fixes) in co-operation with the Senior Systems Engineer.
- Act as a subject matter expert on ServiceNow.
- Assists in designing, documenting, and delivering ServiceNow processes, procedures and standards in conjunction with the Workplace Services Support Manager.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft 365
- Experience of administering ServiceNow, especially developing new forms and configuring workflows
- Software packaging or scripting for deployment
- Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumni
- Experience of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (formally SCCM) and Endpoint Manager
- ServiceNow professional qualification
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Building working relationships, both within IT and across the organization