We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our ViewPoint software team. ViewPoint is a web-based real time market data and trading app designed for retail users. You'll be working with a supportive, close-knit, agile team on key stability and performance initiatives as well as feature improvements. Iress is a progressive employer offering flexible working, great employee benefits, and an annual hackathon.
What you will be doing
- Delivering high quality data-driven projects from inception to deployment.
- Deploying iteratively using feedback to plan the next step.
- Working with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Development and Quality Assurance team members to clarify technical requirements, design solutions and implement required functionality.
- Contributing to Iress’ continual drive for process improvement.
- Making improvements to continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
What you will need
- Ability to write clean, testable code with appropriate unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Strong design, development and collaboration skills.
What we like to see
- Full stack development experience including React, AWS, and CI/CD.
- A logical, methodical approach to finding solutions in a complex environment.
- Ability to thrive on challenges, resilience, and enthusiasm for solving difficult problems.
- Eagerness to learn, share ideas and partner with others for the best possible outcomes.
- Ability to clearly explain your line of thinking, as well as solicit your team's views.
- Experience working collaboratively to help your team continuously improve.
Why work with us?
- Competitive base salary
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to various learning and development programs
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.