What you will do:
- Johnson Controls Digital Solutions is looking for an experienced software architect with a deep knowledge on building technologies including BMS, VMS, Access Control etc.
- As a member of the Customer Success organization the solution architect will help customers to make technology decisions, implement best practices for asset management and overall facilitate transforming buildings into smart connected entities.
- You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- You possess a deep understanding of solution design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership, customers and partners.
- Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions and drive secure and robust solutions.
- You are obsessed with driving continuous process improvements to optimize solution and project delivery.
How you will do it:
- Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale enterprise customer projects.
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate, prioritize and deliver solutions.
- Enable customer commitments while providing leadership on platform evolution and maturity.
- Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
- Support and enhance existing customer projects with thoughtful and measurable impact
- Ability to consume and communicate complex processes into tangible and actionable items
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for:
- 5+ years’ experience as engineering lead and architect delivering complex software projects
- Experienced in developing integration pipelines using APIs and SDKs
- Deep knowledge of cloud IoT platforms (MS Azure is preferred)
- Working Knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Deep experience with SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experience with graph store, document store and heterogeneous data indexing.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with network programming and distributed systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and the web.
- Familiar with BIM modeling, digital asset management and BRICK schema
- Expertise in building technologies e.g. BMS, VMS, ACS, Fire and Lighting
- Experience with HVAC or Industrial Control systems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing and fast-paced environment
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
- Experience working with industry leaders to understand current technology trends and relevancy
JCI’s Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.