Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
The goal of Architecture function (GTI Architecture) is to design and govern a target state architecture that meets the strategic business needs. To act as a trusted partner to the organization, enabling and leading with an 'Architecture First' approach. Accelerate our evolution towards a software-based organization, creating the policies, tools and processes that our software development teams leverage in addition to coordinating the delivery of our target state across all teams in GTI.
This role is for an experienced infrastructure platform Architect working directly with internal customers. APAC as an emerging markets region has a range of constraints on implementable solutions which include diverse market specific regulation, scale, budgetary constraints and geographical dispersion. The APAC GTI architects will
- Ensure there is a well-defined target state infrastructure architecture that aligns with global GTI architecture strategy and vision, for the APAC Global Technology Infrastructure team.
- Helping maintain a holistic vision and helping set the GTI Architecture & Software Engineering standards.
- Strive to influence the modeling, design and coding of global standards to accommodate regional nuances (in the scale and the flexibility of attributes to accommodate regulatory & environmental localization)
- Seek out, learn and understand the evolution of both the internal and external technology product and services capabilities (i.e. keep the technology knowledge current)
APAC GTI architects are critical contributors to the crafting of cost effective end-to-end technical infrastructure platforms and functions as the primary infrastructure design authority for the prescribed end-to-end solutions while working in partnership with the technical product owners, external vendors, project management teams, LoB solution architects and the whole stakeholder community. There is implicit accountability for the target state architecture being fit for purpose and context and working as designed.
The candidate must have broad and deep technology skills across a range of disciplines
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, software development or mathematics or other equivalent technical fields
- At least 7 years progressive experience and technical depth in one or more of the following areas: Distributed technologies including Server/Storage, Hypervisor, Database, Web, Messaging, Load Balancing, Networking, High-performance computing, Software engineering, Cloud architecture or Cybersecurity engineering
- Familiarity with the concepts and constructs of infrastructure or application solution architecture. Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks or certification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of multiple vendors' cloud architecture & technologies and demonstrable experience working with cloud-based technologies. Certification as proof of knowledge will be advantageous
- Ability to work with and influence external third-party systems suppliers to align with JP Morgan GTI strategic architectures is desirable
- Excellent client interfacing skills with the ability to collaborate with peers and engage in technical discussions with engineers varying in skills and expertise.
- Experience engaging stakeholder for support and interface with Sr. Management using non-technical jargon and translating complex details into a concise story
- Ability to drive best practice and fit for purpose/context infrastructure solutions which follow approved guidelines and align with available service offerings
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.