As an experienced professional in Software Engineering, you'll shape the technology solutions that drive Level 3 support and development initiatives across the region, Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition to working with the development team to create new solutions, you'll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities to ensure the applications run smoothly. While your role requires deep technological skills it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your Software Engineer colleagues, while promoting the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Lead the Level 3 team during the US hours as well as support the EMEA and APAC evening during US hours
- Drive the bug fixes and small enhancements
- Drive the audit, hygine of the appliation and production deployments
- Drive incident reviews with relevant stakeholders, ensure the action items are tracked to closure
- Provide leadership within the support team and influence stakeholders in line with the our product and future strategy
- Document the client requirements, changes in market behaviors and drive that through the core team for product enhancements
- Manage the documentation review and approval process with the stakeholders
- Take ownership of the bug fixes and small enhancement and associated artefacts
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the production management, project and product teams
- Provide guidance and support to team members
- Prepare and deliver training sessions to the business users and production management
Experience And Skills Required
You'll also play a crucial role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that drive our strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop your leadership, management, and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, you'll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, computer sciences or equivalent. with minimum of 1 year in BFSI industry. Exposure to core banking, payments is a must have skill
- Experience working on major global transformation initiatives, for example SWIFT GPI, ISO 20022, Real Time Payments etc
- Proficiency in business applications, data usage, and management
- Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience obtaining requirements from business users and subject matter experts, reviewing business priorities, and/or analyzing options & risks
- Ability to code in Java, Oracle, Microservices based architecture with experience in distributed cache and cloud computing
- Experience in articualting functional system requirements specifications
- Should be Detail-oriented, strong analytical and communication skills are a must
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, and a curiosity to ask appropriate questions to fully develop business and functional requirements.
- Pro-actively lead/participate in design/solution architecting of target state
- Ability to interface directly with Senior Business Stakeholders and users with a view to influence and drive consensus.
- Create detailed features, stories and keeping the documentation up-to-date
- Participate in creation of detailed functional specifications with AS-IS process flows and target state processes
- Provide techincal support throughout the project lifecycle, from requirements/functional specs to reviewing SIT and UAT test cases, and supporting all the testing phases.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle in agile methodology
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.