Working in cybersecurity takes passion for technology, speed, a desire to learn, and vigilance in order to keep every asset safe. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity, and resiliency of our products. Working with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis, and positive actions will stop crimes and strengthen our data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or higher qualification
- Minimum 2 years of technology experience
- Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals, for example; OSI Stack, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP
- Good level of knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network; phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement
- Demonstrable knowledge in log analysis and PCAP analysis
- Foundational level of understanding of file analysis; extracting indicators, providing a report, implementing mitigations
- Ability to demonstrate a structured, analytical approach to investigating alerts and/or indicators and documenting your findings in a manner that both peer and executive level colleagues can understand
- Appreciation of the wider roles of interconnecting Cyber Security teams and collaboration with each of those (i.e. Forensics / Threat Intelligence / Penetration Testing / Vulnerability Management / "Purple Teaming" etc.)
- Willing to work a shift pattern that includes weekend work
- Basic understanding of Cloud architectures, how to secure these environments and how an adversary might attack these environments
- Scripting knowledge (e.g., Python) including its application to cybersecurity use cases
- Financial sector experience
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.