Working as a DevOps Engineer within Production Management Organization your responsibilities will include
- Maintain, support, improve the Firm's business-critical securities trade processing applications
- Experience with developing monitoring systems and dashboards.
- Develop and support automation tooling to improve the reliability of the platform and to increase the productivity of the team.
- Run the Production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Assess monitoring & alerts to determine impact and risk to the business and contribute to the incident management process
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture
- Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
- Troubleshooting business issues, identifying root cause, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse tech and Ops teams. Provide critical day-to-day support for a massive scale, distributed system
- The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- Covering hours outside of APAC core hours through rota support for on call, occasional bank holidays and adhoc requests for project implementations
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Proficiency in Python and/or any programming language
- 7 years working in application development and production support in finance domain.
- Ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to message to the appropriate audience
- Technical working experience in APM tools such as Geneos, Splunk, AppDynamics and Dynatrace would be plus
- Hands-on experience in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and production support leveraging tools such as: GIT, JIRA, HPSM, Jenkins, ServiceNow, Autosys, and Control-M
- Experience with Linux environment and Automation Scripting (python, bash, shell, korn, perl etc.)
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning and contingency planning.
- Experience with techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security
- Experienced in Bot micro service development, ML and NLP is preferred.
- Prior experience in DevOps and/or Agile environments highly regarded
- Experience within Post Trade Technology systems. Preferably with a focus in Backoffice Settlement Systems
- Experience working with cloud base technologies and knowledge of open source technologies and tools is a big plus.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.