This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Lead Cybersecurity projects and liaison with other Cyber, Technology and Business SME's, Project Management and Service Delivery experience/skills strongly desired
- Proficiency in the use of skills tools, staying current with skills, participating in multiple forums
- Experience with Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks is highly desired.
- Ability to understand vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of IT policies and network security standards, i.e. network perimeter security standards, remote access, etc.
- Serve simultaneously as technical consultant, relationship manager and service delivery manager to advise on requirements for policy and engineering standards establishment, risk monitoring standards and activities
- Assessments on new data center architectures, new major business initiatives and partners, as well as perimeter architectures and designs.
- Review external connectivity requests from a risk and control perspective applying principles outlined in Policies and Standards to ensure compliance.
Qualification and Experience
- 3+ years security engineering experience in mid-sized to large organizations, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment and security event analysis.
- 3-5 years of experience with deep knowledge in firewalls, routers, proxy, load balancers, cloud technologies and TCP/IP.
- Ability to understand networking concepts such as routing, subnetting and NATTing.
- Proficient and proven track record of delivering Cybersecurity products and services within a business domain.
- Solid experience in supporting and improving Cybersecurity and/or technology controls to support the business.
- BSc of Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Preferred Industry Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC.
- Proficient in the mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and companywide standards.
- Project Management, Customer Service, Communication and Technical Writing skills.
- Prior experience in working in financial/banking industries is an added advantage.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.