The Finance Risk Data and Controls (FRDC) Technology organization is seeking strong engineer who wants to join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products in Regulatory Reporting Technology function.
In This Role, a Successful Candidate Will
The ideal candidate enjoys building, supporting, and the evolution of software applications, and has a strong understanding of designing and building applications in a variety of technologies as well as manage communication with stakeholders.
- Manage and support a portfolio of production applications which includes vendor, in-house, on premise, and SaaS applications
- Make sound architectural decisions around Regulatory Reporting application components
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change management processes including all documentation, reviews, and approval steps
- Ensure adherence to design and coding standards
- Define and execute test cases for quality of deliverables
- Liaise with stakeholders from various teams which includes Finance, Corporate Controllers, Product Controllers within the region as well as global for all cycles (development, testing, implementation, post release)
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science/Finance or equivalent
- Application architecture analysis and design
- 5 years or more of experience in SQL, preferable in Oracle PL/SQL
- 3 years or more in Python or Java or equivalent development experience
- Hands on experience in writing complex SQL queries and defining DB objects.
- Good Knowledge on Stored Procedures/Packages, Functions and Triggers
- Applicant must have strong English and Mandarin written and oral communication skills to effectively liaise with our China stakeholders
- Strong Unix and Shell scripting knowledge
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Able to work under pressure and tight timeline
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Windows OS
- Source control tools, preferably Subversion
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.