As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) Athena team delivers business critical pricing, trade capture, risk management, transaction processing and trader tools to the CEM business globally. The CEM Athena roles require technically strong and disciplined python developers. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. This role requires an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as the applications involved are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
This is a unique opportunity for delivery-minded individuals to take ownership of the full software development lifecycle, partnering with the CEM business to understand and improve business workflows. The successful candidate will be empowered to build relationships with the Singapore front-office and quantitative research teams in order to deliver local requirements, provide business face-off and technical support, enhancements and fixes to the local users, as well as to own the delivery of Asia Pacific requirements on large-scale, global re-engineering initiatives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with 3 or more years of software engineering experience, preferably within the Financial Services sector
- Proficiency in one or more of the following object oriented programming languages: Python or Java or C++
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language
- Experience in finance or investment banking as an application developer preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming skills, including data structures, algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, bring innovative and new ideas to the table
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning
- Eagerness to take accountability/ownership of work, have real business impact, collaborate with a global community of developers sharing the technology and code base
- Comfortable multi-tasking with minimal supervision, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex issues to non-technical users and to influence change
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment and beyond
- Focus on testing through the entire development cycle to produce reliable and maintainable software
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.