As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be working in Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) Athena team. The team delivers business critical pricing, trade capture, risk management, transaction processing and trader tools to the CEM business globally. This include in executing project to integrate the business operation, tools or system to the strategic framework or system.
You will need to work with Operation, Trading desk, Quantitative Research, Controller and Technology groups to deliver the technology modernization agenda, improve CEM business workflows and enable the business to capture new frontier emerging market.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income & credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined developer. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with at least 5 years of software engineering experience, preferably within the Financial Services sector
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, bring innovative and new ideas to the table
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming skills in any programming language (i.e. Python, Java, C++), including data structures, algorithms
- Comfortable multi-tasking with minimal supervision, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate complex issues to non-technical users and to influence change
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams across geographical boundaries to achieve organizational goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, resilient
- Eagerness to take accountability/ownership of work, have real business impact, collaborate with a global community of developers sharing the technology and code base.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages and willingness to pick up skill on new and legacy technology
- Understanding of Foreign exchange & Fixed Income products will be considered favorably
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.