As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high-performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you'll affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
As a member of Global Technology Infrastructure organization, you'll be part of the service organization who manages the IT infrastructure for our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. In this role you’ll call on your experience in UNIX production assurance, Engineering, development and service improvements to deliver reliable infrastructure. As an experienced professional, you’ll use your critical thinking skills to establish the team’s functional goals and set priorities and objectives that align with our overall strategy. You’ll oversee areas like incident management, change management, impact identification, Infrastructure development, Infrastructure Resiliency management, management communication, risk and controls, client relationship management, service improvement, discovery/gathering/documenting of business needs, data & requirements. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of professionals who share your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
• Act as primary customer interface for day to day issues and queries
• Responsible for the incident, problem, change management, risk, vendor and client relationship, internal and external communications, service delivery, lifecycle management and service evolution functions for the Infrastructure
• Develop and support routine operational activities with automation
• Lead root cause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
• Work closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for customers
• Take part in Infrastructure resiliency automation and executions
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members
• Learning and facilitating new technologies
• Work closely with customers to drive the system stability programs
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- 6 years of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration / engineering experience with strong troubleshooting skills
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices.
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Knowledge on Veritas/RHEL cluster, Block and object storage, Networking
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies
- Experience with Capacity management, Resiliency and Business Continuity Planning and execution
- Experience with Infrastructure automation – Puppet, Ansible
- Experience working on multiple service improvement programs and able to prioritize work loads
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and system security best practices
- Experience with multi-tiered application architecture
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and practices
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer related experience
- Working experience in Financial Institutions
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.