As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Core Transaction Services (CTS) is a technology organization responsible for transaction processing platforms globally for the Treasury Services business, with primary focus on payments and receivables. A key agenda over the next few years is the build-out of the strategic payments platform to replace the current regional payments systems and external clearing integration. The APAC delivery team covers the rollout of the new platform to the APAC branches.
The candidate will be part of the Feature Team within Core Transaction Services (CTS) organization responsible for providing L3 support (recovery, mitigation, and root cause analysis) and implementing fixes / enhancements, platform improvement projects and run the bank projects.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Java enterprise application development, preferably delivering high-performance, mission critical applications
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Java 8+
- Spring Framework , Spring Boot
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Experience with messaging and pub-sub platforms such as IBM MQ and Kafka
- Experience with SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven
- Knowledge in developing Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Familiar with UNIX operating system and scripting
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues during execution of the project.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility / accountability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Payments processing (life cycle), Good understanding of payments data models; familiarity with the ISO20022 standard is an advantage
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.